This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of the Rock Sailing and Water Ski Club, The Quay, Rock, Wadebridge PL27 6LB
Read the detail below to find out more about how we use your personal information including:
- Who are we and how do you contact us?
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- What is the source of your personal information?
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – http://www.rswsc.co.uk
The Rock Sailing and Water Ski Club and our Data Protection Officer
We’re the Rock Sailing and Water Ski Club. We are a data controller of your personal data. The Rock Sailing and Water Ski Club which provides your subscriptions or services is named at the start of these terms and conditions.
You can contact us here Contact Us.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all our subscriptions and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name and contact details including holiday home details where relevant
- Age (if under 18 or whether you are 75 and over).
- Family members (if relevant to the subscription or service)
- Products and services you hold with us, as well as have held and the associated payment methods used
- Information about your health only if you are a member with health issues relevant to our activities
- Information about your boat(s), if any and confirmation of your public liability insurance in relation to this
3. What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- Information generated about you when you use our subscriptions and services such as from the completion of race and regatta forms
4. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Assessing an application for a subscription or service, including determining the fee.
- Managing subscriptions and services or relating to the application for them
- Updating your records
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- For administration required for Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) processes
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
5. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Assessing an application for a subscription or service with us.
- Managing subscriptions and services you hold with us, or any application for them
- Updating your records and tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your membership
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your membership
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- To administer our good governance requirements or administration required for AGM processes
- For direct marketing communications by email.
To comply with our legal obligations
With your consent or explicit consent:
- For some direct marketing communications
- For some of our processing of special categories of personal data such as about your health, if you are a person with relevant health issues
6. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
7. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your explicit consent to process personal data. You can withdraw this at any time by contacting us here: Contact Us .
8. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
9. How do we share your information with credit reference agencies?
10. How do we share your information with Fraud Prevention Agencies?
We don’t unless required by law to do so.
11. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records if we can.
12. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our subscriptions or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
13. Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
14. What about other automated decision making?
There isn’t any
15. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide subscriptions and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
16. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
17. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, or email address to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the Secretary; you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to the Rock Sailing and Water Ski Club, The Quay, Rock, Wadebridge PL27 6LB marking it for the attention of the Secretary.